When choosing a hotel in Oslo, it is better to give preference to the one located in the city center. Then you will have close proximity to everything the city has to offer thanks to its metropolitan activities. The first destination of any tourist who decides to visit Norway is the capital of the state — the city of Oslo. Where it is very convenient to rent a car and get around both the city and the country.
Travelers are full of impressions leaving this city of contrasts, in which ultra-modern buildings coexist with historic mansions. And so that the rest is not spoiled, it is worth initially paying more attention to the choice of the hotel. Below we have compiled a selection of hotels that will definitely not disappoint. By all accounts, they are the best in Oslo.
Grand Hotel — a luxury place in Oslo
A premium class hotel located in the city center is considered extremely prestigious. It occupies a building that is an architectural monument. The rooms are decorated not without elegance, attention is paid to even the smallest details. During the decoration, mainly natural materials were used — expensive types of wood, eco-friendly fabrics. The pieces of furniture are entirely handmade, the walls are decorated with masterpieces of famous artists. People with big names often stay at the hotel, and grandiose events are held in the banquet hall.
Advantages of staying at a hotel:
- Several restaurants with Norwegian cuisine (one of them is right on the roof of the building),
- Availability, in addition to the usual rooms, of apartments and penthouses,
- Helpful staff to help buying tickets, organizing private dinners,
- A huge banquet hall,
- A swimming pool, a sauna and a Turkish bath,
- A gym.
The favorable location of the hotel, right in the city center, is just one of its many advantages. It is superbly styled, luxurious down to the last detail. Unique designer finds and unusual accessories are everywhere. The rooms are decorated in a modern style, using only high quality and expensive materials. The predominant style is minimalism.
Benefits of staying here:
- A gym with modern equipment, available for classes 24 hours a day,
- Possibility to practice yoga, take part in group workouts,
- A fiery jazz club,
- A lounge bar that boasts an extensive wine list with elite spirits,
- A trendy restaurant serving Nordic cuisine,
- A bar located in the courtyard.
Continental — the best hotel in Oslo
It is one of the best hotels in the country, included, among other things, among the 50 best hotels in the world. Eminent guests coming to Oslo strive to book rooms here. Each room of the hotel is individual, decorated under the guidance of modern designers. The interiors are elegant, the comfort is at the highest level. Each has a coffee machine, and the most expensive ones even have a terrace overlooking the beauty of the Norwegian capital.
Nice additions awaiting tourists:
- Helpful staff, including a butler, a concierge,
- Premium cosmetics as a gift for each guest,
- A bar, decorated in a nautical style,
- A historic cafe,
- A fashionable restaurant.
An eco-hotel for which a quiet place in the city has been prudently chosen, away from noisy highways and crowded streets. It stands on a hill, surrounded by a garden on all sides. The windows offer stunning views of the surroundings. The hotel is modern and all rooms are decorated accordingly. Nordic motives can be traced: the floors are completely wooden, there is a fireplace and fluffy blankets. Luxury is not conspicuous, but it is everywhere. Guests feel at home here, because the atmosphere of the hotel is very peaceful. Couples in love and families with children love to relax here.
Advantages of the hotel accommodation:
- A restaurant using organic farm products,
- An extensive wine cellar,
- Periodic events — exhibitions, live music concerts,
- Free tea and coffee on every floor + relaxation area,
- A gym with modern equipment,
- A heated pool,
- A Spa with massage services.
The hotel positions itself as ultramodern. Inside, the Nordic minimalist style reigns. There is nothing superfluous, and, at the same time, every detail is important, is in its place. The hotel has received numerous prestigious awards. People of completely different backgrounds stay in it — from married couples to entrepreneurs.
- A rooftop restaurant serving traditional Norwegian food,
- Lounge areas available,
- Several bars,
- Luxury toiletries in each room,
- A fitness room with a trainer,
- Free access to the Museum of Contemporary Art,
- A modern spa center with a range of services,
Oslo’s main tourist attractions are located near Karl Johans Street. If you prefer to stay nearby and chill out in trendy establishments, you should stay at the Hotel Anker, a budget hotel close to the trendy Grunerlokka district and the increasingly popular Torggata. If you are young and are about to see Oslo for the first time, you should really consider this hotel.
Smarthotel is ideally located in the heart of Oslo. Here you wake up right next to the Royal Palace, which is open to the public during the summer months. A hotel for those who want urban day-to-day luxury without emptying their entire wallet for accommodation. Buy breakfast at the hotel or enjoy a morning meal in one of the pleasant cafes on Karl Johans Street.
A majestic city center hotel with classic and luxurious décor. The rooms are as beautifully decorated as the rest of the hotel, and it is close to cultural life and Karl Johans main street. At the hotel bar you can enjoy good drinks and order a jug of the famous Bristol cocoa accompanied by live music — piano.